Friday, March 30, 2007

Company Fun Run, 5.144km, 29th Mar 07

A yearly Company Fun Run that began 3 years ago. I haven't missed one yet. In fact, one of my very first 'race'. So definitely an event that will always have a special place in my heart.

Each year, participants number has steadily grown from 500+ in 2005, then 700+ and approx 1000 this year. Participants has also began to truly embraced the fun spirit of the event as evident from the increasing number of people wearing customes during the run. I saw several clowns, Mr and Mrs Superman, and the eventual winner, a Red Indian complete with head gear and battle axe.

The fastest runner on the day clocked in at approx 17 or 18mins. I clocked in at 26.59mins. I'm only beginning to like the idea of trying to run faster and 5km could be a distance I can grow to like instead of my usual longer distance. I look forward to more speedwork sessions and hope to do better next year.

Event: Company Fun Run
Distance: 5.144km
Time: 26.59min.

No comments: