Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tanjung Nangka to Damuan

Even at 4pm, it would be an acceptable running weather except Brunei seems to be experiencing a heat wave and I'm running through some of the more environmentally exposed part of Jalan Tutong. The visible absence of trees that would cool the surrounding air means instead the sun seems to be hovering a couple of inches above my head.

The family has earlier decided to bring the kids to Persiaran Damuan about 5pm. On a whim, I decided to make the journey on foot and starting earlier at 4pm. I had expected the weather to be hot, but was not fully prepared for the intense heat I feel around Bunut. Damuan with its many shady trees was a welcome relief and when I passed through its main gate, my watch indicated a running time of 1hr and 5 minutes. Despite the heat, it was a good run of sorts.

Route: Tanjung Nangka to Persiaran Damuan
Distance: 11km? (wishlist: Garmin Forerunner 305!)
Time: 1hr 5mins
Weather: Unforgivingly Hot! (4pm)

No comments: